CENTER FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH SUPPORT
- ABC-NAIC is composed by a team of researchers with extensive experience in translational and clinical research, namely in Neuroscience, Developmental Biology, Stem Cell Biology, Microbiology, Oncobiology, Epigenetics, Human Motricity, Cardiology, among others.
- ABC-NAIC's main objective is to provide support in the elaboration and execution of scientific research projects, including project design, fundraising, statistical analysis and writing of scientific articles.
- Our services will help you make your research more competitive in obtaining funding, allowing for greater visibility internationally.
- The ABC-NAIC also integrates the Fellowship's Nucleus, which is responsible for providing support and clarification regarding their status, as well as accompanying researches throughout their activity.
At ABC-NAIC we can:
- Assist in the preparation of research projects, providing support in the determination and efficient execution of the research project's objectives and tasks;
- Provide a specialized Statistics and Data Analysis service to help you calculate the sampling of studies to be carried out, define the most appropriate statistical analysis plan for your study and analyze the data obtained in the project;
- Together, with our Accounting and Management Office, support you to organize, compile and implement a detailed action plan for the projection and scheduling of your research project;
- Support the search for funding sources at national and international level;
- Collaborate in the writing and submission of your research project, in collaboration with the National and International Prospection Support Office;
- Helping in the scientific writing and illustration, in the process of publishing scientific articles, as well as in the registration of patents;
- Identify synergies between the different partners of the consortium;
- Speed up the approval of your project by our Ethics Committee (ABC-CE).
Learn more at (website under construction).
THE PROJECT LIFE HEADQUARTERS
- The headquarters of the LIFE project will be an integral part of ABC LOULÉ ACTIVE LIFE, located in Vilamoura;
- Life is an ABC structure that intends to implement a training model in basic life support and automatic external defibrillation (AED) at various levels, namely, in the regional hotel network, in tourism and in public spaces
- Life also aims to provide training in basic life support in public schools in the Algarve through the implementation of the “Grow to Save Project”, whose costs will be borne by the local authorities
- Through the “Algarve Coração Seguro Project” it intends to create a network of automatic external defibrillators and provide training in life support to hotel employees. This is a project in collaboration with ARS Algarve, Algarve Tourism Region and AHETA, the costs being borne by AHETA.
- It aims to provide information of a general nature and health to all tourists.
CERTIFIED HEALTH CARE CENTER FOR TOURISM
- The aim of this center is to provide organizations that work with tourism and national and international tourists with information about the institutions certified by the General Directorate of Health (DGS) closest to the place where they are located and by areas of specialization;
- The implementation of a structure and the necessary support for your activity at ABC-LOULÉ ACTIVE LIFE will make the Algarve a completely safe region for tourists to spend their holidays or even reside.
TRAINING AND SIMULATION CENTER FOR DONATION AND TRANSPLANTATION OF ORGANS, TISSUES AND CELLS
- This center is part of the European strategy that aims to ensure as effective a response as possible to the needs of patients on the transplant waiting list;
- This is a joint project between the Portuguese Institute of Blood and Transplantation (IPST) and the ABC, which through the ABC Meeting Center will provide the necessary training courses for national and international technicians.
ACTIVE LIFE CENTER
- The Active Life Center will be integrated into the ABC LOULÉ ACTIVE LIFE hub, in Vilamoura.
- This center aims to provide high quality healthcare and well-being, namely in the scope of osteoarticular, cardiovascular and respiratory rehabilitation with a differentiating focus on promoting an active and healthy life.
- It will be a center focused on active aging, rehabilitation and improved quality of life.
- Aimed at health tourism with intensive training programs taking advantage of the climate conditions of the Algarve for outdoor use.
ABC MEETING CENTER
- The existence of a strategic development center in biomedical sciences and medicine such as ABC LOULÉ ACTIVE LIFE leads to the need to create an amphitheater and support meeting rooms, which allow the existence of national and international strategic scientific meetings;
- The commitment to this Meeting Center will place the Algarve in the Center of scientific discussion and international innovation.
ALGARVE EXPERIMENTAL SURGERY CENTER
- Surgical areas are areas that require a great deal of technical training, thus aiming to minimize errors and train professionals at a level of excellence. A training center for experimental surgery models is essential to take this step forward for the entire region;
- ABC will initiate efforts for the existence of an Experimental Surgery Center in the Algarve with regional, national and international coverage;
- The center will develop training and training programs in an advanced high-fidelity and 3D simulation environment and training in surgical areas;
- Project to be developed through partnerships with national and international strategic institutions.
ABC CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTER
- The development of clinical research is one of the objectives at the national level and, as such, one of the objectives of the ABC will be its promotion and the necessary support for its increase.
- It will enable the collection and storage of tissues, cells and biological fluids in accordance with the best national and international practices;
- Creation as part of a collaboration strategy with the Academic Medical Center of Lisbon, through the necessary backup support for this Centre's Biobank;
- It will allow the University Hospital Center of the Algarve and the University of the Algarve to develop promising research projects for the development of innovative therapies and advances in medicine;
- It will be integrated into the Iberian and European Biobanks Network.
HEALTH LITERACY AND COMPUTER CENTER
- This center aims to carry out information sessions for the citizen about the available electronic health services;
- Sessions will be targeted at the general public and carried out nationally through city councils and other selected strategic locations;
- This is a project to be developed jointly between the Shared Services of the Ministry of Health (SPMS) and the ABC.
DRUG INTERACTIONS SYSTEM
- Its objective is to provide prescribing physicians with reliable and up-to-date information on drug interactions through the creation of a specific module that becomes part of the electronic drug prescription system in Portugal;
- A project to be implemented jointly by INFARMED, Shared Services of the Ministry of Health (SPMS) and ABC.
ALGARVE AND BAIXO ALENTEJO PHARMACOVIGILANCE UNIT
- The Algarve and Baixo Alentejo Pharmacovigilance Unit (UFALBA) is a Regional Pharmacovigilance Unit covering the districts of Faro and Beja and is integrated into the National Pharmacovigilance System, under the coordination of INFARMED, I.P.
- UFALBA, through an activity outlined by professionalism and rigor, aims to contribute to the creation of scientific knowledge by monitoring the safety of medicines for human use, based on the pillars of efficiency, quality and innovation;
- It is incumbent upon UFALBA, as an integral member of the SNF, to systematically collect information on suspected adverse drug reactions in the geographical areas of the Algarve and Baixo Alentejo, as well as the evaluation, processing and scientific analysis of this information, pursuant to the rules and national and community guidelines, namely through their communication to other Member States and to the European Medicines Agency;
- It is also the responsibility of UFALBA to implement the appropriate safety measures in order to minimize risks and proceed with the communication and dissemination of pertinent information to health professionals, patients and the general public.
- UFALBA is also responsible for carrying out pharmacoepidemiology studies and others related to drug safety.
Learn more at https://ufalba.pt/
SAFETY STUDIES CENTER FOR MEDICINES AND MEDICAL DEVICES
- This project is jointly coordinated by INFARMED and ABC, which aims to strengthen the surveillance of medicines and health products that are available in Portugal;
- This Study Center will be innovative in national terms and will allow the collection of regional and national data, promoting the optimization of the use of medicines and devices by health professionals.
PUBLIC BANK OF UMBILICAL CORD CELLS
- Storage bank of umbilical cord cells that are collected during delivery, in order to be used for the treatment of various diseases;
- It is dedicated to the reception, analysis, processing, cryopreservation and distribution of benevolent and altruistic donations of umbilical cord blood;
- It corresponds to a geographical decentralization to the Algarve of this service of the Portuguese Institute of Blood and Transplantation, currently located in Porto.
NATIONAL SEROTECA (BLOOD SAMPLES FROM DONATIONS)
- Creation of a library through the conservation of blood samples from serum, plasma, but also blood cells from all donations, in which samples are frozen at a temperature of -80ºC in cold rooms.
- This is a collaborative project between the Instituto Português do Sangue e da Transplantação and the ABC.
ALGARVE ENTOMOLOGICAL RESEARCH CENTER (CIEMA)
- CIEMA will be integrated into the ABC Loulé Health Research Center, located in Loulé;
- It consists of a research, development and innovation laboratory focused on the investigation of diseases transmitted to humans by vectors;
- Project with joint technical and scientific coordination between the National Institute of Health Dr. Ricardo Jorge and the ABC.